Multi CDN approach to DDoS protectionTo combat the ever-growing DDoS attacks, mlytics utilizes the Multi CDN approach to maintain the uptime for enterprises as we did for their performance to absorb even the largest of DDoS attacks.
Multi CDN Approach to DDoS
The platform features in-line scrubbing to monitor and remove suspicious requests at the point of presence to fight DDoS attacks.
RUM-based AI will monitor the network and auto-swap CDN providers once detected any forms of attack.
All layers protected
The platform automatically blocks all Layer 3 and 4 attacks at the edge of the network, as well as Layer 7 attacks.
How it works?With a combined total of 2,300+ PoPs and 2,600 Tbps-capabilities from all our CDN partners, our Multi CDN network offers a multi-terabit-per-second globally distributed network to absorb even the largest DDoS attacks. The platform’s Web Application Firewall monitors all HTTP/HTTPS requests, and implement blocks based on the criteria (headers, cookies, request path, client IP, geolocation and etc.).
How It Works?
Frequently Asked Questions
How does DDoS protection work in mlytics?
mlytics employs a layered security defense approach combining muitple DDoS mitigaiton capabilities into one service, including:
- Layer 3/4 Attacks: Leverage Multi CDN's network capacity to distribute attack traffic across all providers using an AI-based automation approach to ensure L3/L4 attacks are mitigated.
- Layer 7 Attacks: Protected by mlytics's Unified-WAF, which is able to: 1. Fingerprint HTTP requests to protect sites from known and emerging botnets with automatic mitigation rules, 2. Progressive risk score approach to challenge and respond to any suspicious attacks or user mimicking attacks, 3. Rate limiting mechanism to give granular control on stealthy application attacks.
Do you have different plans for DDoS protection?
We believe DDoS protection is important to all customers, so want to assure it is covered across the board. We do have two tiers that serve different needs:
- Basic DDoS Protection: Bundled in all plans. Covers L3 to L7 common DDoS attack.
- Advanced DDoS Protection: For customers who want a professional team to manage and mitigate sophisticated attacks with SLA backup.
What is Unified-WAF?
mlytics Unified-WAF is a proprietary web application firewall developed by mlytics, it can:
- Blocks attacks with known signatures. Our WAF processes Comodo CRS, a fine tune version of ModSecurity Core Rule Set.
- Integrates with our big data and machine learning system to handle behavior base attack such as user mimicking, brute-force attack etc.